PHOENIX NURSING HOME ABUSE ATTORNEY
PHOENIX NURSING HOME ABUSE ATTORNEYS
ADVOCATING FOR NURSING HOME RESIDENTS HARMED BY ABUSE OR NEGLECT IN PHOENIX AND THROUGHOUT ARIZONA
Arizona nursing homes are obligated legally and ethically to provide their residents with the necessary high level of care a resident needs. Nursing home residents have rights and should receive care that maintains the highest degree of physical and mental well-being possible. While this is the case, it is not uncommon for residents to have their rights violated through abuse or neglect.
If you believe your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in Phoenix, speak with an experienced nursing home abuse attorney. The Miller Kory Rowe LLP team has spent decades fighting for the rights of nursing home residents. A Phoenix nursing home abuse attorney with our team can advocate for your loved one and family.
WHAT IS NURSING HOME ABUSE AND NEGLECT?
Nursing home abuse and neglect is the harm, neglect, mistreatment or exploitation of a nursing home resident which typically results in one or more of the following:
TYPES OF NURSING HOME ABUSE AND NEGLECT
Nursing home abuse is a very real problem in Arizona and across the country. Understanding the types of abuse a resident may experience in a nursing home can help loved ones and advocates recognize signs, as well as prevent nursing home abuse altogether.
- Physical Abuse. Physical abuse includes harm such as intentional pinching, hitting, lack of physical care or overuse of restraints.
- Neglect. Neglect generally occurs when a nursing home resident’s needs are not taken care of by a caregiver unintentionally.
- Sexual Abuse. Sexual abuse is unwanted sexual attention given to nursing home residents. This can include sexual contact, groping or touching.
- Psychological and Emotional Abuse. This type of abuse can occur when a resident is criticized, humiliated, yelled at or threatened for control.
- Financial Exploitation. Financial exploitation can occur when a caregiver steals from a resident or manipulates a resident to get money from them.
WHERE CAN ELDER ABUSE OCCUR?
Elder abuse can take place in a number of facilities, including the following:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Alzheimer Facilities
- Independent Living Communities
- Residential Care Homes
- Adult Rehabilitation Facilities
- Nursing Home Facilities
- Adult Day Cares
LIABILITY IN NURSING HOME ABUSE AND NEGLECT CASES
While you are observing the conditions at a nursing home, you should remember that not all cases of abuse or neglect are at the hands of the staff members. A liable party can include one or more of the following:
- Other Residents
- Staff Members
Please call our Phoenix office at (602) 648-4045 or submit an online form here to schedule your consultation.
CONTACT US TODAY
COMMON WARNING SIGNS
If you have a loved one in a nursing home, it is important that you understand how to look for warning signs of abuse or neglect. Recognizing the signs is the best way to protect your loved one or prevent more harm from being done.
PHYSICAL AND ABUSE SIGNS
- Bruises, welts, cuts or burns on the skin
- Broken or fractured bones
- Infections and/or diagnosis of a sexually transmitted disease
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain
- Pressure ulcers or bedsores
- Living space lacks basic living necessities
- Unsanitary or unclean conditions
SEXUAL ABUSE SIGNS
- Unexplained sexually transmitted disease
- Changes in behavior such as fear of being touched
- Bruising or swelling around the genitals
EMOTIONAL ABUSE SIGNS
- Change in behavior
- Withdrawal from social activities
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Isolation of resident from family imposed by a caregiver
TAKING ACTION FOR NURSING HOME RESIDENT RIGHTS IN ARIZONA
If you suspect or know a loved one is a victim of abuse or neglect in a nursing home in Phoenix or the surrounding area, please call our firm. During a free consultation, a nursing home abuse attorney with our team can review your case and answer your questions. Our law firm offers free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
PRIDE AND RESPECT