Tucson Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Tucson Today
Nursing homes have both a legal and ethical obligation to care for the residents living in their facilities. However, abuse occurs at thousands of nursing home facilities throughout the United States. In nearly every case of nursing home abuse, the root cause can be traced back to negligence.
If you believe your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse, contact an experienced nursing home abuse attorney in Tucson. The attorneys at Miller Kory Rowe LLP have decades of combined experience, and are available to review your case in Tucson and the surrounding areas. Learn more about how we can help you.
How Our Experienced Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Can Help
Miller Kory Rowe LLP is a personal injury law firm that strives to provide aggressive, dedicated and ethical legal representation in Tucson and throughout Arizona. Our law firm helps clients seek justice for serious injuries caused by the negligent actions of another person or entity. If your loved one was injured as a result of nursing home abuse or neglect, we want to help you. Below are a few ways we help our clients.
- Free Consultation. Our law firm offers free consultations. This is an opportunity for you to meet our team and it allows us to review your potential case. We can use online meeting apps like Zoom for your convenience and protection.
- No Fees Unless We Win. If our law firm accepts your case, we will not charge you any fees unless we win your case. Our Tucson nursing home abuse attorneys will help you build your case, file your claim, and even litigate in court if necessary at no cost to you unless and until the case is successful.
- Your Personal Case Team. When you entrust our team with your case, you have the benefit of decades of combined experience and knowledge. Our legal process is designed to give you guidance and advocacy every step of the way.
Common Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
If you have a family member who lives in a nursing home, assisted living facility or group home, it’s important for you to be aware of some common signs that may indicate abuse, including:
- Bruises – If you notice unusual bruises on your loved one, especially in places that are not usually visible, it could be a sign of physical abuse. The same applies to any unusual welts, lacerations or scratches that could indicate a physical altercation took place.
- Scars – Any scars you notice could indicate that your loved one suffered cuts or wounds that healed over.
- Bedsores – Bedsores develop on a nursing home resident’s body when that person is not moved for hours. If you notice your loved one has bedsores, that is often a sign that caregivers are not doing their job. Caregivers are responsible for moving residents into different positions or making sure that residents are taken out of their beds for walks or for trips in their wheelchairs.
- Disheveled Appearance – If you notice that your family member’s appearance has changed significantly, including matted, unwashed hair, dirty clothing and bad hygiene, this is also a possible sign of neglect.
- Lack of Communication – Sometimes, nursing home residents who suffer abuse will withdraw from social activities and stop communicating, even with family members. Previously, your loved one was happy to see you when you visited; now your loved one barely acknowledges your presence and doesn’t say anything. This is a red flag you should monitor.
- Refusing to See Visitors – Abused nursing home residents may feel a sense of guilt and shame and, as a result, they may refuse to see any visitors, including family members. If the person you love in a nursing home consistently refuses to see you
- and doesn’t provide any reason why then this should be a real cause for concern.
Commonly Reported Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Although there are a number of different types of nursing home abuse, the most commonly reported abuse includes:
- Not Providing Medication – Caregivers at nursing facilities may fail to administer medication to nursing home residents or fail to give them the proper dosage..
- Not Providing Hygiene Services – Another type of abuse occurs when caregivers do not provide basic hygiene services such as bathing, washing, and other personal grooming. This also includes caregivers who allow residents to lie or sit in soiled clothing or on soiled bed sheets.
- Not Providing Adequate Clothing For Weather – Nursing home residents may be deprived of warm clothing when the temperature is cold.
- Not Providing Medical Assistance In a Timely Fashion – Another example of abuse occurs when caregivers delay in providing assistance to nursing home residents who suffer a medical emergency.
- Not Providing Adequate Supervision – This refers to caregivers who fail to provide supervision of residents that results in harm or injury caused by the resident. For example, if a caregiver is supposed to help a resident shower, and the resident slips and falls in the shower because the caregiver was not present, that is an example of a lack of supervision.
We have also handled cases of sexual or physical abuse between caregivers and residents, or resident-on-resident abuse..
In Arizona, the law requires that people – such as doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers and caregivers – at nursing homes who supervise or care for a vulnerable adult report any suspicion of abuse or neglect to Adult Protective Services. However, if you suspect your elderly loved one was abused or that he or she suffered an injury due to neglect, you have a duty to advocate for him or her as well. Learn more about what you can do to help your loved one.
The team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP has spent decades fighting for the rights of nursing home residents. We are advocates for elderly residents of nursing home facilities who have been abused and/or neglected. With offices in Tucson and Phoenix, our firm is uniquely positioned to serve clients across the state of Arizona.
If you suspect or know a loved one is a victim of abuse or neglect in a Tucson nursing home, please call our firm. An experienced nursing home abuse attorney in Tucson can be available to review your case and answer your questions. Our law firm offers free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case. Please call our Tucson office at (520) 372-6400 or submit an online form here to schedule your consultation.
Highly recommended from their peers
“I was referred to Miller Kory Rowe LLP after the sudden loss of my Mom. It says a lot when you are refereed to a different Lawyer because they are so highly recommended from their peers. It was great comfort to have Gabe and his Team of spectacular people with support and going to extra mile for my Brother and I in such a stressful time in our lives. No matter what complications that happen with our case they did an amazing job. The case settled out of court in our favor which meant the World to me vs. the pain of a trial.”
Handled with Professionalism, Pride and Respect
“We researched a few law offices that would handled a delicate case in behalf of our beloved mother. From our initial meeting to the final, the experience was handled with professionalism, pride and respectful. We couldn’t have gone to a better law firm to handle our case. I highly recommend this law firm for any of your love ones with a wrongful death. We can now bring closure to the care center in this case, however, closure in loosing my mother in such matter will take time for healing. Thanks to Jeff, Gab, Lorraine, Lupe, and the rest of the staff for caring.”
Dedicated Advocate for His Clients
“He is an excellent lawyer and a dedicated advocate for his clients. He has the highest degree of fairness and integrity towards clients, colleagues, and opposing counsel.”
You won’t find a better law firm!
“You won’t find a better law firm! I have known Kory for more than 20 years and his dedication and work ethic are second to none.”
It is a very prestigious office
“It is a very prestigious office not only for the quality of the work but for the humility of each one of its attorneys, that their passion is to serve every one of their clients as a family member. The office in general does everything that is in their hands to assist in the best way possible every single individual that comes in through the doors of Miller Kory Rowe LLP.”
Decades of ExperienceAt Miller Kory Rowe LLP, our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience helping individuals injured by the negligence of others. We are dedicated to getting our clients the settlements they deserve to help them restore their livelihood and peace of mind.
Dedicated Trial AttorneysWith every case we pursue, our trial attorneys have three foundational beliefs: Dedicated. Aggressive. Principled.
Extensive ResourcesWhen you work with our law firm we put all of our extensive resources into finding evidence, interviewing witnesses, and navigating through the complexities and challenges that each claim presents.