Common Accidents and Injuries in Construction
If you are a construction worker, you know firsthand how common injuries and accidents are on the construction site. However, after an accident, you may not know how to pursue a personal injury claim. The type of injury, the severity of the injury and the type of accident in a construction site case matter significantly in a personal injury claim. It is important to understand what kind of accidents and injuries are common on construction sites and what you can do if you are injured in an accident. We share this information and more below.
- Types of Construction Accidents
- Common Construction Injuries
- Highly Active Construction Areas in Arizona
- How Our Construction Accident Attorneys Can Help
Common Types of Construction Accidents
According to the Center for Construction Research and Training, there are several common causes of construction site accidents. The most common types of construction accidents include:
- Fall Accidents. Fall accidents on construction sites may include a roofing accident, scaffolding accident, lift accident or any other type of accident where a construction worker falls from a significant height while on a job site. Our law firm has helped hundreds of clients throughout Arizona with their construction accident cases. If there is one type of accident in construction site accident cases that our law firm sees most often, it is fall accidents. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), falls are also the leading cause of fatalities in construction.
- Slip and Falls / Trip and Falls. According to OSHA, slip and falls and trip and falls are one of the leading causes of injuries in construction. A slip or trip on the ground could cause a serious injury.
- Site Trench and Excavation Accidents. Trenches are commonly used on construction sites to bury plumbing, conduit and electric wires. They are also used to gain access to the underground area. Site trench and excavation accidents can be devastating. Falls, trench collapse accidents, asphyxiation and electrocution are accidents that can occur due to a site trench or excavation.
- Struck by Accidents in the Workplace. Construction workers are at risk of being struck by a piece of machinery or a motor vehicle while working on a construction site.
- Exposure to Dangerous Toxins or Chemicals. Often the biggest risk for construction workers is exposure to toxins and hazardous chemicals. Asbestos and lead are common hazards, but construction works may also be exposed to chemical solvents, pesticides and flammable materials.
- Electrocution. Exposed electrical wires, generators, power tools, and other electrical equipment all create risks for electrocuting construction workers.
- Caught-in Between Accidents in Construction. Caught-in between accidents are ranked in OSHA’s “fatal four” causes of construction worker deaths. These accidents occur when a construction worker is crushed, caught, or compressed between two objects. Construction workers have died, suffered paralysis, fractures, internal organ damage, and loss of limb and nerve damage from these accidents.
Common Construction Injuries
Similar to construction accident causes, there are certain construction-related injuries that are more prevalent than others. Common construction injuries include but are not limited to:
- Broken bones or bone fractures
- Knee and ankle injury
- Neck, shoulder, or back injury
- Head injury and/or brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Illnesses caused by exposure to toxins or chemicals
In more devastating cases, injuries sustained in a construction accident may be fatal. If the injury was a result of third-party negligence, the construction worker’s family may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party or employer.
Highly Active Construction Areas in Arizona
Arizona is home to a few of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Cities like Buckeye and Goodyear have experienced a large growth in population and with it a growth in construction. Below are cities that have seen a noticeable growth in construction.
However, more construction and construction-related jobs will likely mean more accidents. If you were recently injured in a construction accident, you may be overwhelmed and confused about your options. A construction accident lawyer at our law firm can help you understand your best legal options.
How Our Construction Accident Attorneys Can Help
The attorneys at Miller Kory Rowe LLP have successfully fought for many construction accident victims, including undocumented construction workers. If you were injured in Arizona in a construction accident, speak with a Phoenix construction accident lawyer at our firm. Our law firm has an outstanding track record when it comes to pursuing personal injury claims for construction accident victims. We would be happy to put our experience and resources to work for you.
Please call us at (602) 737-0342 for a free legal consultation. We help clients in Phoenix and throughout Arizona. Let us show you how we can become your legal advocates in your quest to obtain justice and fair compensation.
Awards & Recognition
real client TESTIMONIALS
Handled with Professionalism, Pride and Respect
“We researched a few law offices that would handled a delicate case in behalf of our beloved mother. From our initial meeting to the final, the experience was handled with professionalism, pride and respectful. We couldn’t have gone to a better law firm to handle our case. I highly recommend this law firm for any of your love ones with a wrongful death. We can now bring closure to the care center in this case, however, closure in loosing my mother in such matter will take time for healing. Thanks to Jeff, Gab, Lorraine, Lupe, and the rest of the staff for caring.”
Highly recommended from their peers
“I was referred to Miller Kory Rowe LLP after the sudden loss of my Mom. It says a lot when you are refereed to a different Lawyer because they are so highly recommended from their peers. It was great comfort to have Gabe and his Team of spectacular people with support and going to extra mile for my Brother and I in such a stressful time in our lives. No matter what complications that happen with our case they did an amazing job. The case settled out of court in our favor which meant the World to me vs. the pain of a trial.”
You won’t find a better law firm!
“You won’t find a better law firm! I have known Kory for more than 20 years and his dedication and work ethic are second to none.”
Dedicated Advocate for His Clients
“He is an excellent lawyer and a dedicated advocate for his clients. He has the highest degree of fairness and integrity towards clients, colleagues, and opposing counsel.”
It is a very prestigious office
“It is a very prestigious office not only for the quality of the work but for the humility of each one of its attorneys, that their passion is to serve every one of their clients as a family member. The office in general does everything that is in their hands to assist in the best way possible every single individual that comes in through the doors of Miller Kory Rowe LLP.”
why choose us?
Decades of ExperienceAt Miller Kory Rowe LLP, our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience helping individuals injured by the negligence of others. We are dedicated to getting our clients the settlements they deserve to help them restore their livelihood and peace of mind.
Dedicated Trial AttorneysWith every case we pursue, our trial attorneys have three foundational beliefs: Dedicated. Aggressive. Principled.
Extensive ResourcesWhen you work with our law firm we put all of our extensive resources into finding evidence, interviewing witnesses, and navigating through the complexities and challenges that each claim presents.
DO I HAVE A CASE?
TALK TO OUR ATTORNEYS NOW