Phoenix Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
The cars on the road have a duty to share it with pedestrians and bicyclists. While there are a number of laws and even special lanes on the roadways for pedestrians and bicyclists, there are a number of accidents each year caused by negligent automobile drivers. The Phoenix bicycle and pedestrian accident lawyers at Miller Kory Rowe LLP are very selective about the type of pedestrian and bicycle related injury cases we take. Generally, we only take cases where serious injuries resulted from a collision with a car. By being this selective, we are able to invest all of our energy into getting our clients the compensation they deserve.
Our firm knows the ins and outs of the laws pertaining to these types of crashes. Rather than suffering in silence with the injuries you have sustained in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, you need to contact our Phoenix pedestrian accident attorneys. We will be able to inform you of what your rights are and give you an idea of the amount of monetary compensation you are entitled to. There are a variety of injuries common in these types of accidents like:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Severe contusions
- Road rash and bad burns
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
Due to the severity of the injuries common in these types of accidents, you will probably miss a lot of work during the recovery process. Let Phoenix pedestrian accident attorneys from Miller Kory Rowe LLP help you get the compensation you need to make up for the lost wages and medical bills caused by your pedestrian or bicycle accidents.
What Are the Statistics Regarding Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents?
These types of accidents are a lot more common than some people realize. Read below to find out more about the statistics regarding pedestrian and bicycle accidents.
- Nearly 5,400 people are killed each year in pedestrian/bicycle accidents
- Over the past ten years, these types of accidents have risen by 12%
- Approximately 70,000 pedestrian and bicyclists are severely injured
- On sunny days, these types of accidents rise nearly 90%
- Seniors make up nearly 27% of all pedestrian/bicycle accidents
- 13% of all vehicle-related accidents involve pedestrians
As soon as the dust settles from your pedestrian/bicycle related accident, you need to contact Miller Kory Rowe LLP. Our Phoenix bicycle accident lawyers have helped a number of people in similar situations get the compensation they needed to cover things like medical bills and pain and suffering. If you wait too long to act following this type of accident, the statute of limitations may run out.
- Improper Lane Usage – One of the most common causes of these types of accidents is improper lane usage. If a bike is riding on the sidewalk, it will usually force pedestrians onto the roadways. This is a recipe for disaster and will usually result in an accident.
- Crosswalks That Aren’t Marked – Intersections are one of the most common locations for pedestrian and bicycle accidents. Crosswalks without signals can be confusing and can lead to a variety of problems. If you are walking or biking, you need to strategically plot out the course you take. By sticking to areas with clearly marketing biking lanes and crosswalks, you may be able to avoid serious injury due to an accident occurring.
- Left-Hand Turns Can Be Problematic – Nearly 3 times as many people are hit by cars making a left hand turn than a right hand turn due to the lack of visibility. If the drivers are not paying attention in a busy intersection, the risk of hitting a pedestrian or bicyclist increases dramatically.
- Distracted Driving – When drivers are focusing more on their phones than the road, accidents are bound to happen. Distracted driving has become a huge problem in recent years. Being struck by a vehicle can cause severe injuries, which is why you will need the help of Miller Kory Rowe LLP to get the compensation needed.
- Driving Under the Influence – Nearly 37% of all pedestrian/bicycle related accident fatalities involve driving under the influence. An intoxicated driver will have a big problem keeping themselves and the other motorists around them safe. Getting behind the wheel after having a few drinks is just not worth it. The last thing a driver wants is to be responsible for taking a life due to negligence on their part.
As you can see, pedestrian/bicycle accidents are a lot more common and dangerous than you may have previously thought. The main goal of the team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP is to get you the compensation needed to cover your medical bills, lost wages and the pain and suffering you have experienced.
Contact Miller Kory Rowe LLP today to find out more about how we can help you. Give us a call at (602) 461-8640 to schedule a consultation.
Dedicated Advocate for His Clients
“He is an excellent lawyer and a dedicated advocate for his clients. He has the highest degree of fairness and integrity towards clients, colleagues, and opposing counsel.”
Handled with Professionalism, Pride and Respect
“We researched a few law offices that would handled a delicate case in behalf of our beloved mother. From our initial meeting to the final, the experience was handled with professionalism, pride and respectful. We couldn’t have gone to a better law firm to handle our case. I highly recommend this law firm for any of your love ones with a wrongful death. We can now bring closure to the care center in this case, however, closure in loosing my mother in such matter will take time for healing. Thanks to Jeff, Gab, Lorraine, Lupe, and the rest of the staff for caring.”
It is a very prestigious office
“It is a very prestigious office not only for the quality of the work but for the humility of each one of its attorneys, that their passion is to serve every one of their clients as a family member. The office in general does everything that is in their hands to assist in the best way possible every single individual that comes in through the doors of Miller Kory Rowe LLP.”
You won’t find a better law firm!
“You won’t find a better law firm! I have known Kory for more than 20 years and his dedication and work ethic are second to none.”
Highly recommended from their peers
“I was referred to Miller Kory Rowe LLP after the sudden loss of my Mom. It says a lot when you are refereed to a different Lawyer because they are so highly recommended from their peers. It was great comfort to have Gabe and his Team of spectacular people with support and going to extra mile for my Brother and I in such a stressful time in our lives. No matter what complications that happen with our case they did an amazing job. The case settled out of court in our favor which meant the World to me vs. the pain of a trial.”
Decades of ExperienceAt Miller Kory Rowe LLP, our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience helping individuals injured by the negligence of others. We are dedicated to getting our clients the settlements they deserve to help them restore their livelihood and peace of mind.
Dedicated Trial AttorneysWith every case we pursue, our trial attorneys have three foundational beliefs: Dedicated. Aggressive. Principled.
Extensive ResourcesWhen you work with our law firm we put all of our extensive resources into finding evidence, interviewing witnesses, and navigating through the complexities and challenges that each claim presents.