Phoenix Truck Accident Attorneys
Were You Seriously Injured in a Truck Accident? Call to Speak With a Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer at Our Firm
Sharing the road with commercial trucks makes many drivers uncomfortable. Because of the size and potential danger of these commercial vehicles, they are subject to numerous federal regulations designed to increase safety for the public because collisions with these large commercial vehicles will cause a great deal of damage and in some cases death. Due to the complexity involved in pursuing a claim following a trucking accident, you need an experienced legal team to help you with your case. The Phoenix truck accident attorneys at Miller Kory Rowe LLP are very familiar with the various laws and regulations that pertain to the trucking industry. When you hire our law firm, you will have no problem receiving the help you need every step of the way.
When a large or medium-sized commercial vehicle is involved in a wreck, there are a variety of issues that will come into play. The last thing you want to do is try and handle this type of complex case on your own or use an attorney who does not do these types of cases regularly. By doing this, you may be cheating yourself out of the compensation you deserve for the damages you’ve received.
The team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP will work hard on your behalf to determine who was at fault for the truck accident you were involved in and what type of monetary compensation you are entitled to receive. The injuries that can arise from a trucking accident can be quite substantial. In some cases, they may leave you unable to work and bedridden. With the help of our legal team, you can find out what your rights are and how to bounce back following this type of horrific accident. Instead of waiting to contact us for legal help, you need to act quickly to ensure the statute of limitations does not run out on your case.
Statistics You Need to Know About Trucking Accidents
Unfortunately, trucking accidents are more common than you may think. Read below to find out some of the statistics on trucking accidents you need to know:
- More than 4,000 people died in large truck crashes in 2018
- 67% of fatalities were occupants of passenger vehicles
- In 2019, tractor-trailers were involved in a total of 1,912 accidents in Arizona
As you see, these types of accidents are common and are known to cause a lot of damage. If you are involved in a trucking accident, contact our Phoenix truck accident attorneys to find out how we can help.
Trucking Accidents and What Commonly Causes Them
While each trucking accident is different, there are several common causes like:
- Driver Fatigue – Among the most common causes of trucking accidents is driver fatigue. Truck drivers are often on tight, possible unrealistic, deadlines. Some truckers think they can avoid sleep to deliver a load ahead of schedule even though regulations strictly require sufficient rest. Not getting enough sleep will put the truck driver and other motorists at risk. Lack of sleep can cause slower reaction times and can lead to a truck driver dozing off at the wheel.
- Lack of Truck Maintenance – Just like any other type of vehicle, a commercial truck requires the right amount of maintenance to stay running safely. If the company that owns the truck avoids doing maintenance to save a few dollars, they should be held liable should an accident occur. Failing to check the tires or replace worn-out braking components can lead to unsafe driving conditions.
- Distracted Driving – Driving while distracted is one of the biggest problems facing American drivers. When truck drivers takes their eyes off of the road for a split second, they are putting their lives and the lives of others in danger. Trying to check an email or respond to a text message has caused many trucking accidents. If you have been injured in a trucking accident caused by distracted driving, then contact Miller Kory Rowe LLP to find out how to pursue a lawsuit.
- Oversized Loads – Every commercial truck on the road has a maximum weight capacity instituted by the manufacturer of the rig. If these maximum weight guidelines are ignored, an accident is a substantial probability. If the trailer on the back of a big rig is too heavy, it will prohibit the driver from bringing the rig to a stop in a hurry. This can lead to the driver jackknifing the trailer or slamming into a passenger vehicle due to their inability to stop.
Take Action Now and Contact Our Phoenix Truck Accident Attorneys
The team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP has seen what kind of devastation trucking accidents can leave behind. We provide aggressive and compassionate legal representation for truck accident victims in Phoenix, Tucson and throughout Arizona. Call (602) 737-0342 or complete an online form to schedule a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer at our firm today.