Miller Kory Rowe LLP Can Assist You Following an Airline Accident
For years, the team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP has been assisting people who have been injured in accidents aboard commercial and regional flights. Some people think that if they are in injured on a flight in a certain state that they have to file their lawsuit in the same state. The fact is, most airlines have offices and workers in every state, which gives you a bit more freedom when it comes to where you can file. Having success with this type of lawsuit will require you to hire an experienced Arizona airline accident lawyer.
The attorneys at Miller Kory Rowe LLP are very knowledgeable when it comes to how state, federal and international law plays into cases like this. With the help of our legal team, you will be able to get the compensation to cover the injuries you have sustained. Some of the most common injuries in accidents like this are:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic head injury
- Contusions and lacerations
- Spinal injuries
- Internal injuries
If you have been injured in this type of accident, your first call needs to be to Miller Kory Rowe LLP. During your initial consultation, you can find out how we can help you get the money you are owed for your injuries.
Statistics You Need to Know Regarding Airline Accidents
While traveling in an airplane is considered to be one of the safest forms of transportation, there are still a number of dangers when flying. Read below to find out more about the statistics relating to airplane crashes.
- Almost 80% of all airplane accidents happen within minutes of takeoff.
- The chances of being killed aboard a commercial flight are 1 in 29 million.
- The leading cause of airplane crashes is pilot error.
- There were over 99 airplane accidents last year and 30% of those happened in the United States.
- Unsafe runway conditions cause nearly 43% of all accidents.
- 147 people experienced injuries due to turbulence last year.
Common Causes of Airplane Accidents
If you are like most people, then one of the main things you want to know about this subject is what commonly causes these types of accidents. Here are some of the most common causes of airplane accidents.
- Pilot Error- Among the most common cause of airplane accidents is pilot error. There are many advances in the world of aircraft each year, but when it comes down to it the pilot is the first line of defense against an accident. Doing things like maintaining the right fuel levels and ensuring the plane is safe for flight are all the responsibility of a pilot. The slightest error by a pilot can have disastrous consequences and can lead to death in some cases.
- Mechanical Error- Mechanical errors have also been known to cause a number of different airplane accidents. Nearly 22% of all crashes have been caused by mechanical errors. These errors usually occur as a result of manufacturer defects or in some cases improper maintenance. There have been a number of accidents caused by things like birds flying into the engines during a flight.
- Bad Weather- Almost 12% of all airplane accidents are caused by bad weather. While the pilot on a plane will check the weather before a flight, there is always a risk of a stray shower popping up out of nowhere. If there is a lot of turbulence during the flight, it could lead to you and other passengers getting injured. If you have been injured on a flight due to bad weather, contact us today to find out whether or not you are eligible for compensation.
- Errors by Air Traffic Controllers- One of the most stressful jobs on the planet is as an air traffic controller. When an air traffic controller makes a mistake, it can lead to planes colliding. This types of errors usually occur when an airport is extremely busy. As soon as the dust has settled from the airplane accident you have been involved in, be sure to contact us immediately to find out what your rights are.
Regardless of what caused your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. The team at Miller Kory Rowe LLP has helped a number of airplane accident victims get the justice and money they were owed. The longer you wait to contact us, the more of a risk you will face of the statute of limitations running out. Building a case and winning a lawsuit filed against an airline is not easy, which is why you need the help of our legal professionals.